November 20, 2010

We've got mail!

Last Saturday we had a family dinner here at our house that had several surprise guests. The boys got to play with their cousins Catherine and Elizabeth who they haven't seen in a looooong time and Aunt Andi and Uncle Josh stopped by too (those two even stayed the night with us - it was awesome!). There were grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We all had a whopping great time eating soup and playing games and just simply visiting.

I love family dinners!

Do you know how many pictures I took of this awesome event?
Not a one.
I'm pathetic I know.

But, I did make sure to take out my camera a few days later when the boys came running to tell me that they had received letters in the mail from their Aunt Andi.

Owen had his out and open before you could say "orange you glad to see me" and he was thrilled. He kept saying "Look mama!" Mark read the letter to him and I snapped a picture of my monkey-bottom boy looking like a monkey. Literally.


Caleb was up next and he wasn't one to miss a beat. He plunked himself down on the couch lickety split and he started reading the letter to us.
Yup, you read that right. He's a reading machine now and loving everything about it.
My heart is happy.


The letters were perfect. Short, funny, and of course, sweet.
Thank you Aunt Andi!
Be looking for you return letters in the mail soon!

No comments: