January 21, 2011

Officially Official

Let me sum up the past few weeks for you:
We packed.
We moved to Mark's parents house (Drive through Pilot Rock, turn left at the Y junction and drive until all your radio stations stop working and any rainfall turns into snow).
We cleaned.
We unpacked.
We sold.
We bought.

Are you with me now?
It has been a busy, busy time but I am feeling great now. We are all moved in and settled into our temporary home. It's so great here though, I don't know if I'm going to want to move out!
The first night here I came home from work and dinner was ready and all my laundry was done.
How cool is that?!
I could really get used to this.
It's like having my very own wife!


A big chapter of our life has just ended and we are ready to take the plunge into another one. As of today Mark and I sold our home and bought 6 and a quarter acres. We have no debt what-so-ever and we plan to stockpile for a little while so that we only have to take out a 15 year mortgage when it is time to start building.  We meet with our builder next week to go through the house that we have picked out and to get ready for our next plans of action.

Here are a few pictures of the property.

This is from our future driveway. We own all the way to the bottom of the hill. The creek that was in our old backyard is alongside the southern and western part of our new property as well.  


We had some visitors while we were walking around. You would think these were our personal deer with the way Mark went on and on about them. Feed plots, planting trees for them, hay in the winter...


The view from my future kitchen window.  Can you picture the big red barn on your right with our horses grazing peacefully in the green pasture? Do you see our orchard towards the left?  Do you see all the possibilities?
This is where the creek is alongside the southern part of our property.



We have big plans - Mark and I. Orchards, chickens, horses, a huge pumpkin patch for great big fall get-togethers, a garden, a couple of cows, maybe a pig. Lots of dreams and lots of hard work but all the possibilities are endless! I get giddy just thinking about it all and I'm sure I've bored several people to tears talking to them about it but I can't help it. I'm bursting at the seams!

I will try to keep this as updated as I can but the internet connection out here is a wee bit slooooooooow. I log on, go use the restroom, come back and it is still connecting. But I will post all the big news - don't worry! And before you know it, you will be invited to come see the Golter farm for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss your house already. butIam very excited for you and can'nt wait for your new home to be build.