March 28, 2012

Spring Break House Edition!


I am loving this Spring Break.
It has been filled with friends - both old and new.
Scavenger Hunts and eating french toast in our pajamas all together as a family.
Working at the property.
Sleeping in and staying up late.
Circus events and movies.

I LOVE spring break and the time it allows me to spend with my family. 
I always wake up that first morning so happy and excited about all the unplanned hours.
They seem to stretch out indefinitely with only my imagination to fill them up. No time schedules and no rules. 

I've been thinking about blog posts each day but just haven't made myself sit down in front of a computer to get it done! I am a wee bit behind now (of course - the story of my blogging life!)

Spring Break Weekend #1

My great friend Sarah came by with her adorable children and after feeding them lunch (it's tradition!) we went down to the property to check things out. We talked and we walked and we watched the children play in the dirt and rocks. It was perfect. We both hated to see it end but they still had a long drive ahead of them so we said our good-byes and then I started to take some pictures. (I had left my camera at home when Sarah was there so I didn't get any of her kiddos playing with mine - stink!)

Bob came down to do the finish work with the backhoe. Things like back filling the dirt around our foundation, getting the garage driveway ready to be poured, adding the parking out front, finishing up the gravel driveway to the house, adding dirt and rock all around. He was one busy guy!

But before I show some pictures of the outside let me quickly show you some of the inside. 
This week they put in some lights.
 The guys were excited and quickly set up a work area in the garage so they could start the trim work.


Doors and windows are starting to be framed in. Baseboard molding is being put in place and doors and closets are being hung. It's so awesome!
Here is one side of Caleb's room:


Here is the other side. Isn't the wood so pretty? I love it! 


This is the view from Caleb's doorway. The family room is on the right. A bathroom is on the left and Owen's room is straight.


Here is one side of the master bedroom:


And apparently I forgot to take a picture of the other side. Oops! Instead here is a picture of the front door:


Now on to the outside stuff! So, like I was saying, Bob was one busy guy but the kids decided to help him.


They helped prepare the area in front of the garage.


They helped pick up dirt, smooth it down and then move some rock.


During break time, they would run over to their "other" work area and move some more dirt around.


Then they would get busy again. They helped get the parking area in the front of the house smoothed, packed and looking good.


They even made sure to look busy when the police came by to check on the progress of things.


Coming up this week:

Heated flooring in our master bathroom is being installed.
Cabinets are being delivered and starting to be installed.
Doors, closets and trim will be finished.
Concrete will be getting poured for our front walkway, garage driveway and some for landscaping purposes.
Lighting will continue to be worked on.
Heating will be finished.
Begin to work on the master bathroom shower.

Things really are moving fast!




No comments: