October 8, 2012

Mark


Time to get caught up! 

Life has been crazy around here but only in the best kinds of ways.
School, soccer, zumba, running, guitar, art, school, weights, family time, friend time. etc. 

You get the idea!

Here's what has taken up most of Mark's time (and not in the correct order!)

Since he has been back from hunting Mark has focused on the garage. He has starting to build a workbench and he also made me a corner storage pantry for canned foods. He has had a ball and I love the fact that our garage is getting more organized. 


He has hung up our extra molding.


And our bikes.


I took this shot 3 days ago and it is finished now but for the top (and I of course have already organized and stocked it full of food!). 


This is what I see when I pull into the garage now. 


Mark is still finishing up projects in there but he is loving this project because we are on y $40.00 into it since he was given most of the wood. 


Before the garage project it was hunting season. And hunting season lasts forever. 
And ever.
And ever. 
I swear it. 

Hunting season starts in August with scouting trips and this year Mark drew an antelope tag as well so he was gone ah-lot. 

When he blew back into town he did take the monkeys out with him a few times.


Owen still loves every minute of it but Caleb is ready for a lot more action. Bow hunting isn't the easiest thing in the world and I think Caleb wants a little more shooting.

Towards the end of the season I was pretty much begging Mark to just kill something since we needed meat and I didn't draw a doe tag this year. He obliged me and shot a buck. Nothing spectacular but it was something dead so I was happy. 

Yeah! That was the end of hunting season! His mom was with him when he got this fella. 


Before he got the buck he was off hunting for some wily antelope. Mark, his Dad and Mark's friend Tyler headed down to southern Oregon. 


I have been told the whole story a few times now but honestly all I can remember is this:
They walked up hill.
They walked downhill.
It was really, really hot. 
Like in the hundreds kind of hot. 
They were all tired and starting to feel discouraged.
But then they saw them.
The ones they marked for death. 
Mark shot an incredible, amazing shot that killed his antelope. 
Then he walked uphill.
Then he walked downhill.
Then he got lost. 
But then he found his animal and brought it back on a 4-wheeler.
Then he came home to me the next day. 

(For more details please see Mark)




Throw in some work, Round-Up week, and being a great Dad and husband and you have Mark's current events for the last two months! 

Next up is Caleb and Owen!


1 comment:

Carrie Patten said...

Hi Miriah!

Justin says to tell Mark congratulations on his antelope and deer! Hope you are all doing great! Love your blog!

Carrie