March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

This Easter was a normal one for our family.
We always get ready and go to church, then have a family dinner at the church and then after that, hide eggs for all the kids.

This year was a wee bit different only in the fact that for the first time ever, I bought the boys some new clothes.

New clothes are a big deal in this family. I rarely buy brand new clothes for the boys unless it is something they absolutely can't live without (i.e. underwear). This year I thought it was finally time to break down and spend the money on something nice for them to wear.

The outfits were $20 a piece and up to the moment it was time to get dressed, I kept debating with myself whether or not I should return them and get my money back...sometimes I scare myself with how cheap I can be...

The boys made every penny worth it though. They were so cute as they got dressed. Looking in the mirror and then looking again and again. Caleb told me that he wants to wear his new clothes every Sunday to church and Owen was speechless for once in his life.

 We had a rare moment shortly after them getting dressed. They asked me to take their picture. This never happens! But I agreed (of course!) and so we headed out to the porch.
I told them to pose however they wanted to and this is what I got:

The traditional "Line-Up" pose:


Then they switched to the "Back-to-Back" brother pose:



Then some silliness ensued as their next pose was the non-traditional
"Feeding the Chicken" pose:


Followed by the "Moves Like McJagger" pose:


This one was the "Hands-Somewhere-on-Your-Head" pose:



Next a couple of "Good -Boys":




And lastly, they did some individuals.
Caleb flashed me some gang signs:



Owen just flashed me a big grin:


After all that picture taking, I was worn out and promptly forgot to use my camera the rest of the day!



1 comment:

Staci K. said...

Handsome!