September 9, 2009

Kye's Big Day

Poor Kye.

Ever since school has started for me and hunting season has started for Mark, she has not been getting the normal amount of exercise that she's used to. During the summer, Mark would often take her on a run with him in the morning and then I would take her for a walk again later on. She loved it.

In the last three weeks she has not been on any runs and I have only had the time to walk her twice. So today, the boys and I loaded her up in Big Red and took her somewhere just for her.

We went to the Aquatic Center:

She was beside herself with joy and her tail whacked Owen in the face not a few times. (Caleb was smart enough to get out of the way but for Owen it took a few whacks). Once inside the Aquatic Center, we quickly noticed there were dogs everywhere. Big ones, little ones, ugly ones and puppies too. But our Kye dog didn't even notice. Once we had that tennis ball she never took her eyes away from it.

We must have played fetch for at least an hour and I kept expecting her to get tired and want to take a little break but nope, she just wanted to fetch so that's what we did. Owen hung out on top of a table (a huge dog (mega-huge!) came and sniffed him and that was the end for him). Caleb would venture off the table every once in a while to take a turn and throw the ball. Kye didn't care who threw it, she just wanted to retrieve it.

After an hour we had to leave and our puppy looked a little sad. We gave her some dog biscuits though and she perked back up. She's laying here at my feet right now snoring and I don't want to wake her up but, I think if I asked her if she had a good time today she would undoubtedly say yes.
We love our Kye.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun!! What a treat to end the summer at the pool!

Anonymous said...

Kye is a very good dog, normally I am very scared of dogs ever since I got bite by one years ago.I have never been scared of Kye.

Anonymous said...

I are you sure it was Caleb? I look at his beautiful smiling face and it is hard to believe he would not mind. Caleb a very loved little boy, maybe he just had a bad day.

grandma,

Stacy B said...

I didn't know they eve did that. Looks like Kye had a blast.