November 15, 2011

Flashbacks


Since almost a year has passed since I was blogging I am going to make you suffer through lots (and lots!) of past footage. I am going to do this for a couple of reasons.
Reason #1 - I don't scrapbook anymore and I need to do something to preserve memories of my children's youth.
Reason #2 - We had so much fun doing some of these things that I can't stand to keep it to myself!

Be prepared for lots of pictures of ...

DISNEYLAND!

Last winter, Mark and I decided to take the boys on a trip to Disneyland. We had been thinking about the idea for a while and debating whether or not the boys were too young, whether or not Owen was too short and whether or not we should be doing such a thing while in the process of selling our house. In the end, we decided what the heck and we went for it. We purchased our trip in December for the upcoming Spring Break and we were ready to go.

So March rolled around and we still hadn't told the boys we were going. I decided to do a scavenger hunt the day before we left to clue them in. Mom and Dad G were part of the fun and I managed to catch a few minutes of it on video.

Be warned! My amateur video efforts here are more reminiscent of the Blair Witch Project than any noteworthy effort of filming. But I did get some great moments and I also captured Caleb's efforts at reading. FYI - the word he miscues on is Mickey and he says McKay instead. Totally changed the whole meaning of the clue. His reading teacher (me) should have been working with him!

THERE SHOULD BE A VIDEO HERE BUT MY COMPUTER IS NOT COOPERATING SO I WILL TRY AGAIN IN THE MORNING! STAY TUNED! INSTEAD PLEASE BE THRILLED TO PIECES WITH THIS PICTURE...

This is Owen's super sneeky spy look. Don't ask.Tomorrow (or possibly the day after or even possibly sometime this weekend...) I will post about the airplane ride that gave me my first gray hair, cured me of my phobia of handling vomit in a bag, taught me that there are worst things on an airplane than turbulance, and convinced me that flying really is for the birds - not people!


I don't really get it either. I just know it about breaks my camera every time he does it, which is at least 349 times a day.

Be prepared and have a barf bag handy!

No comments: