November 27, 2011

My New Favorite

This Thanksgiving has to be one of my most favorite ever.
Ever.
Every minute of it was perfect.
Well almost.
The trip down to the beach was a little lacking in the fun department. It could be blamed on the dog vomiting in the car. Or the bumper to bumper traffic. Or the non-stop poring rain. Or the fact that I, once again in the role of the "Navigator" got us lost. Or that my deodorant quit working right when I really needed it to. But needless to say, once we reached our destination, all that other stuff was forgotten!

This year we traveled to Manzanita with some friends of ours, The Summerfields - Bob, Julie and their 4 children,  and we rented a beach house together. Let me tell you all the things I loved about this trip.

 I loved...Football on the beach. Owen pretended to be Tim Tebow.
 (And so did Mark).




I loved... Mark posing for me so I could practice using my camera on the beach. What a good husband I have!
I loved ... watching our dog have the time of her life and act like she was a puppy again.


I loved ... The weather on Friday and Saturday. No wind. On the Oregon coast you know that is rare! We were quick to take advantage of it and the kids got busy right away digging in the sand.


The kids would dig and dig and then wait with anticipation for the waves to come so they could see how their castle fortifications would hold up.


 I loved ... Seeing how much fun they were having. It made my heart sing it's own happy song.

I loved ... How men will be men. Bob and Mark braved the cold weather and got wet. They kept their sweatshirts on mind you, but they did hang out in the surf for a looooong time solving the world's problems.


Sierra was the only girl brave enough to join them. I used my camera as an excuse!

 I loved ...hanging out with people who we have so much in common with. We had the best conversations over food, games, movies, and just hanging out.

The two of them have a love for each other and their children that is awesome to see.



I loved ... How effortless everything was. A truly relaxing vacation can be hard to come by but I found it this week and while it was hard to leave, it was truly a Thanksgiving to be thankful for!


2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, looks like a great trip. I can't imagine getting into the water in the middle of July, let alone November!

The Summerfields said...

Awe! Great post! Glad you guys enjoyed it as much as we did!:) Good times.