May 8, 2012

House Update

Weed Update:  The white vinegar worked! At least it worked for most of the weeds lining our driveway. Much more cost effective than Round-Up but it did not work for everything...


The vinegar worked for most broad leaf weeds but it merely watered the more "grass-like" ones. Since our driveway is 360 feet long lined on both sides with these suckers, we will still be using the Round-Up until we can plant along there. 


In the house things are progressing faster than I can keep up with. 
Here is the mud room sink and counter top. Since I took this picture last Friday, they have since finished the sides of the counter and put in the flooring as well as the lighting. 


 The Master bathroom is just about finished with the only thing missing being one of the sinks and some mirrors. I also apparently forgot to take pictures of the shower and sink area... oops!


The kitchen is looking great with the hardware being put in and since this picture was taken, the appliances have been moved in. We are still waiting for the outlets which are mounted under the cupboards but otherwise it is done.


The fireplace is done.


The forms were built for our front sidewalk.


The concrete was poured for the garage area.


Mark and I taped and then painted all afternoon. We will be taping and painting for the next couple of afternoons...


While we were painting, I took a break so I could take some pictures of them pouring and working the concrete. Owen was right in the thick of things (of course!). 







We also poured some concrete in front of the man door into the garage and some more in the back leading to the back patio but "my boss" was hollering at me so I had to get back to work...
More pictures to come later!


No comments: