August 1, 2012

July Photo Challenge

This last month was a lot of fun as far as picture taking was concerned! 
I had plenty of time and even though I didn't get all the shots I wanted to, I still had lots to choose from. 

Check out Sarah's pictures at her blog also!

Water:

I think I had the wrong category in my head for this one all month long because on Sarah's blog the category says: Lakes, Rivers, Streams..etc. Oops!
This is Owen getting ready to be drenched at the pool.

An Insect:



I couldn't choose between the two (sorry!). This pretty butterfly hatched right by my flower pot and we all just happened to be outside when it happened. Beautiful!

Joy:


This is a repost of a picture (from Owen's birthday) but of all my pictures this month, this is truly the only one I have of true, heart-felt joy. 

Something Patriotic:


Something Sad:


While this picture evokes feeling of sadness for all the brave firefighters that we lost during 9/11, I had an amazing picture of the apartments that burned down - the sunset was right behind and it was a gorgeous photo but alas, I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.

Here are next month's challenges!

1. Something tiny
2. Something you found
3. Looking down
4. Somewhere you went
5. Something that begins with the letter I

Have fun Sarah and I'll see you in a few short weeks!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love, love the butterfly pictures! I was hoping to photograph a butterfly for mine but the boogers are hard to capture--they aren't still long!

Great job and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!