July 30, 2012

Glorious...


Our family went on a camping trip.

A glorious camping trip.

A trip to Jubilee Lake, one of my all-time favorite places to go on a camping trip. 

There was fishing - it was glorious.


There was hiking - it was glorious.


There were lots of s'mores which were... glorious. (Aren't they always?)



Then there were some things that were a little less glorious. 


All that fresh mountain air did strange things to my body. 
The hair on my legs and armpits began to grow at an alarming rate. 
At the mention of "no showers" I started to break out into a nervous sweat (of course).
My body began to emit pheromones that attracted every blood-sucking insect within miles. (I was even bitten by a ladybug this time! A vampire ladybug!)

It all came to a head on our last night there. 
I woke up in the middle of the night pinned down to my deflated air mattress by Kye sleeping on my legs, Mercy flattening out my feet, Mark's elbow digging into my back, and Owen's head under my pillow! I was hot (and sweaty!) and when I pushed the dogs off me, Mercy horked up her dinner onto a sleeping bag, Mark tooted at me while I was encouraging him to roll over to his side, and Owen shuffled closer to me, snuggling even deeper into the recesses under my pillow.

Unglorious!

Once it was light enough to see by, I had us packed up and ready to go in record time. 
It was glorious! 

Then Owen vomited down the side of Mark's truck on the drive home because we couldn't pull over fast enough but we could roll down the window in time...that one was a tie between glorious and unglorious.

I quickly decided breakfast at Sherri's was a must and while we were sitting in our booth surrounded by our sweat and campfire smoke fumes, mowing down on our "Cinnamasation" french toast I realized that life was once again...glorious.



2 comments:

Ms. Kunz said...

This a funny post. Kids and dogs make our lives glorious!

Lindsay said...

One of my favorite posts ever! :) thanks for the smile and giggles ~