March 7, 2010

State of Happiness


Life has been good lately.
No. Not good. It's been great.

Mark got a promotion at work.

 Caleb received an award at school on Friday for being Caring.

Owen is loveable and laughing as always.

As for me, well I did a little something.
Something that starts with a B.
Has to do with the big G.
Would you like to C?

I got baptized.

It was at our church, Pilot Rock Baptist, and it was with lots of family present rather than during a Sunday service. And while I have been a Christian for several years, I have never been officially baptized. Mark has tried to bring it up a couple of times, but true to form, I would dig my heels in and tell him that when I was ready, I would. End of subject.

I finally decided it was time. We had found a church that we were wanting to become members of and I was ready to take the plunge. I even heard myself agree to be baptized in front of the whole church, which gave me the hives just thinking about it, but if that's what I needed to do, then I would do it. (Contrary to popular belief, I do not like to be the center of attention.)

Once I had made my decision I was filled with peace. I could do this and I would do this. Then Pastor Harley called me and asked if I would mind if Grandpa was also baptized with me. Then he went a little further and asked if it could be a family affair so Grandpa wouldn't be rushed. I quietly (and thankfully, oh so thankfully!) agreed to a family affair and it was one of the most fun times ever.

My favorite part? The kids. They were so excited and we let them sit right up front where the action was.

Mark's grandpa went first and it was awesome. Just awesome.

           
Then it was my turn. The water was a wee bit cold. And like normal, when nervous, I got the giggles.


See? Still giggling and I got Harley into it also.

Luckily, I stopped before he dunked me.

Then, as soon as I was done, they were back.

It was great and I am great and life is great and most importantly of all:
God is Great!!

5 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

That's wonderful!! God is most definitely great! :)

Memórias of the Davolt Family said...

YAYA!!! That is so exciting!!! We are happy for you!! <3

Lindsay said...

How truly awesome!! So cheering for you and this step of faith!

God's at work ... and it's obvious! :)

Carrie Patten said...

That is awesome! Before Justin and I got married we both got baptized, we felt that was our next step and a great way to start off our marriage. Since then our relationship with Jesus has just gotten stronger. God bless you are you family!

Ronda said...

Double thumbs up!