July 22, 2010

Reunion 2010 - The Place


Beach, I miss you already!


But now that we are no longer together, I get to tell some of our adventures together from this past week and that makes me happy too.
Every two years, Mark's family has a reunion. It is always at the beach and it is always loads of fun.
This year we went to a new place for us and it's name was Netart's Bay.
It was perfect for our large group and my children are still upset that we actually left and came home.
The telling of our happenings is going to take several days so I'm just going to show you our home away from home today.

You'll have tour guide Miriah to help you out!


Tour Guide Miriah: Hello everyone! I am so excited you could stop by today! Isn't the weather gorgeous?! What? You don't like 64 degrees and wind? Well, trust me honey, it'll grow on you!
Anyway, come on and have a looks-see at Cabin #5. What it doesn't have in space, it will more than make up for in character!"

"Here we are! Just look at that deck. I know from personal experience that it has great wind protection and makes an ideal spot for lounging in and getting sunburns! You won't even notice that while you are reading your book, your body is slowly turning red!"

"While lounging you can just glance up from time to time to see what your pirate children are doing on the ship in front of you. Oh, you might also enjoy the view of the water - it's quite nice!"

 "Step right in! I hope your favorite color is blue because we've got lots of it in Cabin #5! Sit up on these here bar stools and you'll feel like ordering ice cream!"




"This little kitchen is full of charm. We have everything you could possibly need!
A LOUD bell to call everyone in to dinner with (my ears are still ringing!).
 A sailboat cookie jar and a woman who is ready to go to the beach with you in case you need a friend.
She's cool like that. There are lots of dishes for you to dirty as well as a set of knives that make a great conversational piece in case some family comes over and you run out of things to say. Not that that happens, but it's not a bad idea to be prepared!"


"If you turn to the left you will see your living room. Your children will sleep on the pull-out sofa just fine and I can even show them how to turn on cartoons in the morning so that you can sleep in! Talk about a win-win situation!"


"Now let's mosey back to the bedroom. I'm told that taco soup is sometimes served in here!"


"Moving on... Hmmm....Let's check out the bathroom. While it's not that big it does have such a cute design on the toilet seat that it makes me instantly think that I'm on the beach. Waves are crashing, children are playing, seagulls are flapping their wings and farting. Whoops! Maybe that's not the seagulls! Moving on, Moving on."



"That's all for today folks! Tomorrow I will be the Tour Guide as we check out the people at Netart's Bay as well as some of the activities they like to do! Here's a sneak peek:





No comments: