August 27, 2010

My Boys



(Little Blog of Mine, I have missed you.)

The only time I have picked up my camera in the last few crazy weeks was the day that we were kicked out of the house by the carpet cleaners. We went into the backyard and it was too hot to play soccer so I decided I wanted to try and capture some of my favorite expressions of the boys.


We have had 7 showings of the house with one offer that didn't work out.


While my classroom is unpacked at my new school and ready to go, I'm not sure I am.
I was asked last week to teach a 1st and 2nd grade blend and my thoughts haven't stopped spinning since.

I was bullied (a little bit) into co-coaching Caleb and Owen's soccer team.


Today after being at work for 9 hours for my 9th day in a row, I came home, folded and put away 2 loads of laundry, paid 3 bills on-line, talked on the phone to my grandma, filled out Caleb's million and 3 pieces of paperwork for school, worked on Owen's daycare calendar (fitting it around Mark's schedule = hard work!), took the boys for a bike ride to celebrate "Fun Friday", visited with Mark for 5 minutes, made waffles with strawberries and whip cream for dinner, cleaned up after dinner, read through the yard sales in the paper that I don't get to go to tomorrow, talked on the phone with my grandma again, and now I'm going to go work on lesson plans, cut out some things I have laminated, pick out my clothes to wear tomorrow because Mark gets off work at 4:00 this morning and I don't want to wake him up when I get up, straighten up the living room, lock all the doors and windows and then go to bed.


Life is busy and full and exciting and scary right now but you know what?


These two little boys keep me grounded every day and remind me that family comes first.


Whether it's Owen telling me we need to stop our bike ride because
"his underwear is crammed up his butt",


Or Caleb jumping out from behind every door, table, chair, and closet, scaring me half to death just to tell me to
"freeze and put my hands in the air".

I love these boys of mine and nothing, not selling our house or moving in with Mark's parents or building a new house or teaching in a new school or teaching a blended classroom or anything else is going to change that.




P.S. Colleen - This one was just for you! :)
                                                                            

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Loved this post! Feeling the same way right now!

Colleen said...

I am touched and honored, you silly girl! You've been a friend for a few years now, but I am so excited that you've become a colleague. You are already sharing your wonderful thoughts and ideas and working to make us a better teaching staff. I feel blessed to share my days with you! Oh yeah...your little boys are pretty cute and sweet, too!

Lindsay said...

AMEN!!

Beautiful pictures.

Beautiful thoughts.

And as I went from having my mind wrapped around teaching a blend all summer long ... Tuesday I found out I'm doing 1st grade ... so a year of possibilities for many of us lies ahead!

cheering you on & praying you through ~

Kristy said...

Can I hire you to take pics of my kids? Love these!!

Anonymous said...

great photos of my G-grandsons. I would like copies. Miss you, love you all. granma