June 24, 2010

The next 50...

Who knew making a list about myself could be so much fun!
All day random thoughts kept running through my head concerning things I could put on this blog.

Are you ready?

Here's the next 50 amazing, astounding and astonishing (and for some, annoying!)
facts about me!

51. I was valedictorian of my graduating class. Before you get too excited, please remember I graduated from Echo and 22 is considered a large group of kids.

52. My nickname in Middle School was Myrtle and then it was shortened to Mert by High School. Don't ask me - it's a long story involving Sarah the Hippo and Marcy McFly.

53. My senior year I was ASB vice-president, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) President, Co-Captain of the Varsity Volleyball and Basketball teams, Yearbook Editor and Prom Queen.

54. As the Editor of the Yearbook I wrote my one and only poem: 
  

55. People afterwards begged me not to write poetry any more.

56. I was a cheerleader my freshman year of High School and I HATED every minute of it. I still have my uniform though because it cheers me up to know that at one point in my life I was a size 2. (Early in my marriage I tried to try it on for Mark but then things got stuck and squooshed and sweaty and that was just getting the top over my bosoms which had finally grown after many prayers and promises to God. Needless to say that was the last time I attempted that!)

57. Growing up, I refused to play the basketball game called "pig". I would only play if we could call it "hamburger" or "pickle". (quirky, remember?)

58. I admire people who make me laugh more than any other trait they might possess.

59. I would rather be on Ellen than Oprah.

60. Friends is my All-Time, Absolute Favorite TV show and I still laugh at all the re-runs no matter how many times I have seen them.

61. I've really (and I mean really) had to work at becoming a good gift-giver. My low point was giving Mark a lava lamp for his 21st birthday.

62. The Denver Broncos are my new favorite football team and that is only because they had the good sense to choose Tim Tebow to come and play for them.

63. I don't choose the biggest desserts but I do choose the prettiest.

64. I don't like to share my food until I am full - then you can have as much of it as you want. I have stabbed Mark with a fork when he reached for my prime rib too soon.

65. I'm a sucker for Romantic Comedies. I love the whole getting-to-know-each-other-but-not-liking-each-other-right-away phase and then the moment when they both realize Oh! That's the one for me! and then the first kiss... . I need to go watch You've Got Mail right now.

66. My Grandma had shirts made before I was born that said:
Happiness is... Miriah.
The words were rainbow-colored, glittery and big. I have the shirts now and I wear them whenever someone is being mean to me.

67. My grandma and I have always been very close and she is, has, and will always be one of my best friends.

68. My grandma and I went on a bingo cruise together and my favorite moment was when we were on an excursion where I was driving a motorized raft and she was sitting in the front yelling at me to go faster and faster. I was already going fast but I revved it up more just to see her smile.


69. I love texting...

70. you tube...

71. "techy" stuff...

72. sharp pencils...

73. pregnant bellies...

74. old people holding hands...

75. walks in the rain...

76. yard saleing...

77. cheap jewelery (don't get me wrong - I like the expensive stuff too but cheap is sadly more my style!)...

78. puppy breath!...

79. books that keep you up all night...

80. dimples that pop out unexpectedly...

81. orange roses...

82. Mark in a tux - Yum!!!


83. I don't dislike too many things but once I don't like something, I don't like it forever.

84. I don't like Burger King commercials - they are way too creepy!...

84. Snakes, spiders, bugs in my clothes... or on my clothes for that matter!...

85. Victoria Secret Commercials - I'm sorry but have some children for Pete's sake and start to enjoy this thing normal people call food and and then come show me how you look in your bra and underwear you freaks!...

86. People like those on Jersey Shore. Seriously. Can you be more stupid? More self-centered?
More Trashy? I think not....

87. armpits and mustaches... both men's and women's!

88. I once played the flute for 6 years.

89. I secretly watch the show "Legend of the Seeker" on my computer.

90. Mark is the only boy to ever break up with me. (It only lasted a few hours but still... it sucked).

91. I'd rather be an Indian brave than a squaw.

92. I changed my clothes 8 different times for Easter Service. I didn't have anything to wear! I swear!

93. Some movies I have seen and can never watch again because I almost cried myself to death:
Saving Private Ryan
Million Dollar Baby
My Life

94. I almost pierced my eyebrow when I was 19 but it cost $70.00 and even then I was too cheap.

95. If I'd had a daughter, I'd have named her Katie and called her my Katie Girl.

96. I was 25 when I had Caleb.

97. I was 26 when I had Owen.

98. Before I became a teacher, I was going to be a lawyer, a pediatrician, a marine biologist or a wildlife biologist.

99. My middle name is Danielle and Mark's is Daniel.

100. I have always been a night owl with an inclination to want to shoot the early bird.

Phew... I am tuckered out! That was a lot of stuff! More things keep popping into head though - like how I want to learn how to play the piano or how I'm in love with my new camera and now I'm on my way to being a "photographer".
Some of these things have given me some ideas of stories to share though...



5 comments:

Lisa said...

This was so fun to read, Miriah! Thanks :) ps- We have be praying for Terry. I'm so glad he's doing better~!!!

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Ha ha, really neat list. I wore out my first tape of You've Got Mail and I'm sure this second one isn't going to last forever. I seriously have that movie memorized. It's because of that movie that my favorite flower has always been the daisy :)

Oh and the Burger King commercials freak me out. What is with the guy in the creepy suit?!

Nelson's Nest said...

I had a great time reading your list :) I feel like we just had 100 conversations.

Lindsay said...

LOVE it!! :) Trying to stay caught up in everyone's life is not easy with no internet ... but know that your family is in our prayers!!

Enjoy summer!! :)

Anonymous said...

Therefore, we must keep a reasonable price, because we realize that is both time consuming and expensive to launch a website. Therefore, most companies can not pay too much money for SEO services with this crazy economy. Keeping small businesses in mind, we have seen SEO services requires a relatively small investment, so that you can have the benefit of top search engine placement. We follow ethical and biological basis for all marketing activities and SEO, and the only objective is to get you results.The team of experts from our affordable SEO firm will enable your site to generate highly besieged keywords, so that people who are looking for topics that relate to your content can be found on the first click. We help make your site seem more important to search engines than any other by optimizing certain pages and off page elements on your site. And all this help is existing at a great rate.You want the whole world of online search to find you, right? Our affordable SEO services will give your website the web page drop necessary for you to find for those looking for what you do and where they do it. Our expert SEO website offers affordable seo services. We know that your company is trained and it is important for you to find a partner that provides expert honest, ethical results.
Read this link for more information on San Diego SEO:http://matomecho.com/pigg/story.php?id=21481

Internet marketing investment through search engine marketing at a low cost is a gifted endavor. It requires communication and commitment from both companies to san diego seo and site owner. If the San Diego san diego seo Company will not return calls or e-mail, and meet clear investment objectives, you should reconsider who is on your team. Most of all the right San Diego san diego seo Company can make you succeed! Other companies offer affordable search engine ranking, but not the best investment. Thewecoast.com is way better about such things.We offer the best Affordable san diego seo services and more accessible services, so that customers and potential customers find your site to Google, Yahoo or MSN without difficulty. san diego seo Solutions offered a very reasonable cost, the company reserves the right to hook you up.Our approach is to focus on organic san diego seo services, and the implementation of successful keywords. If you already have a design, we can work around it, and allows our expertise to ensure that the most key content is available to search engines to find access. Formatting of page content that is informative and combined with san diego seo.We are a company of san diego seo at affordable prices and we are eager to help small businesses struggling to get quality search engine exposure. Therefore, we must maintain a reasonable price, because we realize that is both time consuming and expensive to launch a website.