April 15, 2012

Weekly Update #10? 11?

Now that all the "big" things are done around the house, it is time for all the little stuff to make itself know. Little stuff that always adds up to lots of time that is! 
Mark has started the irrigation process and we had to plan out where the garden, orchard, chicken coop, and berry patch are all going to be (I can't wait!). Then he got busy.



The irrigation system for the yard will probably be on hold until we move in and the whole system for the pasture will also be waiting for a little longer. 

Inside the house, things have been moving along.

Flooring in the kitchen and dining room.


Tile in the entry way.


Cabinets and counter tops in the kitchen.



Lots of work in the master bathroom. Travertine, tile, and cabinet work.




The boys have been busy also. Studying every dirt pile intently, lobbing rock after rock into the creek, and of course, looking for critters to catch.

Like so:


Everyone keeps asking us our move in date and in all honesty, neither Mark nor I have asked our builder what he thinks. I would rather it be a pleasant surprise then told a certain date only to have that date be pushed back further and further. Things are so close to completion that it is becoming harder to be patient but I think that Mark and I are both content simply because we know that it won't be much longer. 

If I had to place money on it, I would say we will be moving in June sometime. Mark's guess is the beginning of that month, but I'm thinking the second week.

We shall see who is right! 

1 comment:

Staci Kunz said...

I love the kitchen colors and cabinets. Beautiful together!