June 9, 2012

Guess what we did..

For those of you who know my husband, you know that he is not one to just go out and buy something.
He is methodical about his spending. Researching the best, looking for a bargain, carefully weighing all his options. 

Well this morning, imagine my surprise when I wake up to find out that Mark had made an appointment this morning based on something he read in the paper while drinking his coffee.

An appointment to look at puppies. 


Mark has been dreaming of having a rottweiler for a while now. He has met several through his job and he loves a lot of things about them. 

I on the other hand am a little intimidated by them. 
Maybe I should say a lot intimidated by them. 
To the point of crossing the street if I see one coming towards me and I will always automatically put the boys behind me if I see one near them. 

I have never had a bad experience with one but nonetheless, there it is. 



Today though, I was brave and I went with Mark to look at the rottweiler puppies. 


Why did no one ever tell me how adorable they are?
How fat and furry and sweet?
I was a goner as soon as I held one sweet little girl.
We stayed for a while but we all knew we were coming home with one.
It was just a given.


In the blink of an eye we had handed over our money, packed up our pup and headed back to the house. Everyone was thrilled! Everyone except Kye.


She was not impressed. Not one little bit. 
We watched her carefully but other than some growls and putting her body in between us and the puppy at all times, she has done ok. 
For about 5 seconds she even let the puppy lay on her blanket with her. 


Her name is Mercy and I think she is neater than snowflakes in July.
Owen keeps repeating "she's adorable!" (he's smitten!)
Caleb swears that she is the cutest puppy ever (he's head-over-heels!)
Mark has ignored the rest of us all day and has just hung out on the floor with the puppy (I think Kye has a good reason to be jealous!)

Puppies are the best!

No comments: