June 1, 2012

May Photo Challenge

May has not been my favorite month so far this year.

I'm just saying...

I blame it on the 8 spider bites that I had on my stomach. After that happened, things just went downhill from there.

Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to do a lot of picture taking. 
Tonight, Mark and I went down to Farmer's Market and I brought my camera with me to try and capture (in June!) some of the challenges for May. 

(You have to forgive me Sarah. I have 4 stab-like wounds in my tummy so right now I have to be forgiven everything. It's part of the "feeling-sorry-for-the-girl-who-had-to-have-surgery" rule). 

And just to show you how this month has been going when I went to snap my first picture I realized that I had forgot to put my CF card back into my camera. Luckily though! I always carry one in my camera bag which my Hero Mark went back to the truck and grabbed for me.
But then, once I put my back-up CF card in, my camera battery died. I didn't even want to tell my Hero Mark but he saw the look on my face and asked. I told him my dilemma and he, very kindly, ran back to the truck again for me because I luckily! always carry a spare battery with me. 

See how mean the month of May has been to me? I was hoping June would be a little kinder!

But enough whining! Let's look at some pictures!

Sarah came up with the challenges for this month and here are my entries:

A Baby or Young Child:


These sweet little peanuts are the twin boys of a fellow 2nd grade teacher here in town. They will be 1 in August and her new baby is due in the same month - crazy huh?!

       This sweetie was my first choice for a baby picture but after I snapped it, I started thinking that Sarah had meant it had to be a human baby. This sweetie is a baby mini-Australian shepherd. 


A Portrait:




One of my favorite things about Farmer's Market is running into friends. The first family are some friends of ours from church - love them!
The second picture is Owen's speech teacher. She is the sweetest person ever and I love her relaxed look now that the weekend is here!

Grass:


I love to have some tall grasses in my larger flower containers and these ones were very pretty!

Something Red:


Mark spotted this guy for me (he even had red shoes on!) and once I saw his T-shirt, I knew I had to approach him for a pose. He was quite the character and didn't mind me taking his picture at all.

Something Wet:

I came up with a big old goose egg for this one (that's what I get for leaving it to the last minute!) It was trying to sprinkle on us while we were out and about and I was all excited but no dice. It always quit after a few drops. 


Nothing spectacular on the photo front here but I am loving how these challenges are making me get my camera out and using it! 

Here is next month's challenge:

Channel your inner paparazzi and take these 5 pictures of people you don't know (and aren't related to, Sarah!) doing the following things:

1. A sports activity
2. laughing
3. displaying some public affection
4. attending a community event (car show, farmer's market, etc.)
5. something possibly embarrassing 

These are going to be hard! But I'm hoping that with school out, the two of us will have more time to go out with our cameras and shoot some pictures. It would be fun too if we met somewhere and took some pictures together..


No comments: