June 13, 2012

Thee LAST House Update - no more are needed!

It is finally here! Moving day!
I wanted to put a few (close to 40!) pictures of the house on here before we pack it full of boxes and furniture that is going to look shabby now that it is in a BRAND NEW home.

Sorry! My excitement keeps bursting out - I will try and keep it under wraps. 
So I'm going to give you a virtual tour, which in no way compares to the real thing. I'm just going to throw in the little disclaimer also that I have had no time to edit my pictures so be prepared!

We are going to start the tour by pretending that we have just driven up in my car and I have used my awesome garage door opener to let us in. (Can I just say how happy I am to have a garage to park in again? No more scraping ice for this girl early in the morning!)


Watch your step! Here is the mud room. The washer and dryer will be placed on the immediate right and on the left side that you cannot see, there will be a bench, some coat hooks, and cube-like shelves to hold things like our soccer gear, pool stuff, and winter hats & mittens.
There is a pocket door that will be open most of the time but can be closed if the laundry is too loud.


Upon leaving the mud room, if you take an immediate right, you will see the door to the master bedroom. 


Not the best view from the doorway I know, but trying to take pictures inside a house is hard work!


In the bedroom you can see both the closet doorway and the entry into the master bathroom. (and the ladder that I was too tired to move out of the picture).


Closet: My side.


Closet: My other side (with a few inches spared for Mark's things). 


Here is the bathtub area in the master bathroom. (again my pictures aren't that great - the bathroom is Bee-you-tif-ful!)


Here's the sink area (mirrors weren't in yet). 


Here's the other side of the bathroom.





Heading out of the master bathroom, let's take a look upstairs in the bonus room.


I'm thinking this is going to be a playroom/guest room/workout room.
It will be interesting to see what it really turns into...



Heading back down the stairs, we get to go into the kitchen and dining room area next. 


Looking towards the dining room...


I have grand visions of this little area being used as a charging station with a calendar above it along with all our sport's schedules, doctor appointments, etc. located here but again, we'll see what it actually turns into.


Dining room...


My personal favorite... the kitchen!It is looking so purty!


One of my many favorite things about it is all the plug-ins that I have. They are all hidden underneath the cabinets so that they don't disrupt the prettiness of the backsplash (I'm not sure if that's officially why they are under there but that's what I'm going with!).

Now you see them!


Now you don't!


There they are again...


Next up is the family room.


On the opposite side of the fireplace is this view.


The first door to the left leads to the room we don't know what to officially call...
sometimes it's the library, sometimes it's the living room. This room is going to be a toy- free zone for reading and quiet conversation and reading. It will have bookshelves, comfy furniture, and I think a world map with pictures next to it of all the places I have been lucky enough to travel to. 


Here is Mark's room for all his camo and hunting stuff. Also, all dead animals with fake eyeballs belong in this room and this room only. It has pocket doors that can be closed also.



Caleb's room (that he has already moved Legos into. Nothing else, just his Legos). 


His desk and closet area.


Our second hallway in the house. We tried not to waste a lot of space with hallways. 


Here is the boys' bathroom. To the right behind the door is the toilet and the shower. 


Owen-ator's room.


His closet and desk area.

"

Looking from the hallway towards the dining room.


What you see if you come in from the front door. 


And that is the basics of the house! I left out all the outside stuff and if this post doesn't make much sense you can blame it on the fact that I am frantically packing, doing laundry, keeping the puppy from chewing up everything in sight, and cleaning. I give myself a 5-minute break each time I finish a task and I have been rushing over here trying to get this done tonight!

We will be up bright and early moving, moving, moving and tomorrow will be our first official night in the new house and it has been a long time coming - a year and a half in fact!






3 comments:

Sarah said...

So excited for you guys! It's just beautiful! We'll stop in when you're all settled!

Ms. Kunz said...

The house is beautiful - especially the colors in the kitchen. Long time coming but worth the wait. Summer 2012 - lots of great memories!

Jeff said...

So happy for you guys. Funny thing though, I read this whole post and the only thing I keep thinking is, "fake eyeballs. Really? Never thought about that." City boy I guess. I will never look at another dead stuffed animal without thinking about the fake eyeballs. I guess I just thought they were real? But no, they couldn't be real. Anyway, back to the house: Can't wait to come visit sometime.