March 25, 2009

Cookies for those that can't cook!


I love to cook. Even more specifically, I love to bake. This being said, I have not always been a very successful baker. In fact, Mark has made it quite clear that if he had known what a horrendous cook I was in our first year of marriage, he might have looked elsewhere for a wife. Ha! Like he could have resisted me if he tried!


Anyway, back to baking. I have in my possession The Holy Grail of Cookbooks for those of us that are too busy to cook or shop for ingredients or who just like to keep things simple. That would be me. It is called the 5-ingredient cookbook and several of my friends (you know who you are!) have tried to steal it. I am a kind and generous person so I want to share one of my faithful, "last-minute pot luck", "someone is sick", "Mark needs dessert" cookie recipes.


Here is what you need:
1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup of veg. oil
1/2 package of peanut butter chips
Directions:
Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together. Add chips. Spoon batter into small cookie-size amounts onto cookie sheet and then bake for 9 - 10 minutes. (I like gooey, soft cookies so I bake closer to 9 minutes than 10).
Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mmmm... Those look delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I love those cookies! You are such a good cook!
However, with your belly button problem, don't eat too many.
Mom