March 28, 2009

Aunt McMolly

My sister-in-law is the farmer woman that I want to be. Aunt McMolly's farm has horses, chickens, rabbits, ducks and sheep, not to mention dogs and cats and a trio of kids thrown in for fun. Uncle Bill lives there too but we all know the farm is truly Aunt McMolly's.



Yesterday we got to celebrate Aunt McMolly's birthday. Caleb and Owen love any birthday and they have been known to invent birthdays just so they can sing the song. Owen finger-painted the wrapping paper and Caleb helped me wrap the present.

No one would hold still for me so most of my pictures were blurry. My little Kodak Easy Share doesn't handle movement very well.

I love birthdays too but the best part was to come after the cake and ice cream. Aunt McMolly had brought one of her bunnies to see Dad. Dad is a retired vet (think animal not war) and he is our animal doctor hero. We all bring our animals to Dad. This bunny is Belle and without her fur she is actually really tiny and light (and very sweet - the kids all pet her and love on her).

Belle had an owie on her tummy. We all watched in awe as Dad got ready to take care of it. It was like being in ER - the excitement and anticipation was high. We all held our breath as Dad shaved the area.

Here is Belle's owie. A fluid filled sack or cyst of stuff.

Dad got to work.




I wanted to keep taking pictures of the whole process but Aunt McMolly started feeling Belle's pain and had to go put her head between her legs. I took over holding Belle and then when it was all over Aunt McMolly came back for her baby. Belle promptly peed all over her - I think it was payback for deserting her in her hour of need! All in all, a very unique birthday party!
Happy Birthday Aunt McMolly!

3 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Wow, what a day! I really like your idea about finger painting the wrapping paper, I didn't think to do that, that's really cute!

Sarah said...

Love it! Your kids have such a learning opportunity with a vet for a grandpa. I love how the bunny peed all over her. Too funny! (Although I'm sure she didn't think so!)

Lisa said...

Wow- so cool!!! Happy birthday to Molly - I never knew they had a farm. JD is going to be so envious. He keeps trying to get me to agree to his portable chicken coop idea. Ugh.