March 14, 2009

Monster Truck Show!!!

ON FRIDAY, MARK AND I SURPRISED THE BOYS AND TOOK THEM TO A MONSTER TRUCK SHOW. THEY WERE SO EXCITED THEY ... WHAT? OH! SORRY! I'll stop yelling. My ears are still ringing and my butt is still vibrating! Anyway, like I was saying, the boys were thrilled speechless, which is the highest level of honor at our house because it takes A LOT to make them stop talking! Here are some of the highlights from the show (which was 3 hours long by the way and we didn't get home till after midnight!):

The boy's favorite monster truck - Bigfoot.


A sweet treat that took me 10 minutes to clean off their hands, mouth, neck and hair.


The boys loved the headphones and Caleb asked if he could sleep with his. They thought they were just fun until the monster trucks started and then they really liked them. Seriously, I now know that monster trucks are not named for their size but the noises they make while driving. It vibrated the whole arena and without earplugs, I don't know how people stood the noise.



A couple of the trucks doing their truck stuff.


One of the trucks lost a tire, which was "so cool mommy!" because they got to see the monster truck towed away.

This was the look on their faces the whole show, until they were told the dinosaur transformer was coming out.


Then their faces looked like this:







This was my personal favorite shot of the whole night:


All in all a fun night of monsterous proportions!

4 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Too cute!

Sarah said...

Every little boy's dream! Good job, Mom! :-)

Nelson's Nest said...

Priceless!!! I love the looks on their faces and the picture of them on Marc's lap is the best. Great job capturing the moment... I can almost hear the roars as I look at the pictures. They will remember that night forever.

Lisa said...

Oh, what fun! I love that last picture of Mark holding onto the boys- so cute.

We went to the same show when I was pg with Gage. Ryan STILL talks about Gravedigger...