March 24, 2009

Spring (break) is in the air!

Aaahhh.... I LOVE Spring Break! It's right up there with Summer Break and Christmas Break. Even if the weather is terrible (like now) and I'm not going anywhere (like this year) I still love it! My mom and brother Zachary (he's 7) came to stay with us for a few days. Yesterday my mom bravely took all three boys for a day of fun. They ate lunch at McDonalds, rented a movie and watched it, went to the park and played and then went bowling that night. I was tired after merely hearing about it.

While the boys were out wearing my mom down to a frazzle, Mark and I went on a date! Yippee! We didn't even know what to do with ourselves. We ended up tootling over to Hermiston and going to the movies. Here I earned the honor of choosing The Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen.

Normally Mark holds this honor in our house but no longer. Mark graciously told me to choose and so trying to please him, I chose one I thought he would like and I could stomach. I thought Taken would be too violent and The House On The Left also too violent, so I naively thought I'd choose The Watchmen because I thought it was about comic book hereos so it can't be that bad right? Oh how wrong I was. Not only was it disgusting and pointless, but I just didn't get it. I thought about asking the two 8 year olds in front of me to explain to me what was going on, but they seemed pretty into it. Could it have been the blatant sex scenes? the grisly murders? the f-bomb dropped every five minutes? Mark wouldn't allow me to talk (yell) at their father for his lack of parenting skills. He also said shooting someone on our date to defend my honor wouldn't be romantic. I begged to disagree but then we got shoosed by the 8-year olds for talking. Yeesh!

No comments: