March 4, 2009

A Few Things...

I found this on my desk after my students went outside to first recess.



That student gets an A, obviously. It made me laugh that she used the word giggle. I didn't think I giggled I guess! (giggle, giggle) What a sweetheart!



Mark went out and bought a chainsaw (yeah?) and decided to tackle Twiggy the Tree down by the creek. I didn't think it sounded like much fun but Mark said "Babe, I'm using a chainsaw".

OK then.... I'll go read a book.

Speaking of books, I went to the library yesterday and checked out the first books I am going to read from my list. Wait a minute, I thought I had checked out 1984 by George Orwell but I don't see it here! Hmmm... I must look in my car again. Anyway, I'm a little excited. The middle book is Gone With The Wind. I remember when I was younger (last year) my friends and I would always laugh at people who watched that movie. Now, I'm going to be one of those people. After I read the book of course.

Mark's cousin Jesse came to spend the night with us as he traveled to a job interview. I have always had a soft spot for Jesse. The first night I met him, Mark and I had went to Jesse's brothers basketball game (Jeff, who is as tall as a giraffe!) and after the game we all went out to IHOP. Jesse was only about 15 at the time and when his dad asked him to say Grace before our meal, he said "And thank you Lord for bringing Miriah to our family".
Like I said, I have a soft spot for Jesse.



Caleb likes him too! (Notice the backwards hat)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a sweet note! That's a keeper, for sure!

P.S. You do giggle.

AmyP said...

"Gone with the Wind" is one of my very favorites! And of course the movie can't even compare to the book. You have inspired me!
Amy Pitner

Erin said...

Erin made me watch the movie. . . Frankly, My Dear.. .. it wasn't too bad.

Erin said...

By the way that was Jeff not Erin