August 24, 2009

Halloween in August

Please don't tell Caleb that Halloween isn't for another two months. He is having entirely too much fun right now. If he isn't drawing pictures for me to hang up, he and Owen are playing the boy version of "dress-up". They go around with guns and are "Army soldiers" and I get shot/killed no less than 10 times while walking between the laundry room and the kitchen. They are usually camped out under the dining room table, snickering when I step on a "bomb" (aka - my dishtowels). Their 2nd fav. game of the moment is "lions". They are lion cubs and I get to be the "Mommy" lion. (I never ask to play - I just get assigned various roles.) The two lion cubs then proceed to "hunt" around my house. They go around first and place twisted up blankets everywhere that doesn't make sense (in front of the fridge, in the closet, behind the toilet - eww!). Next, they "stalk" their prey - the wily snakes of Africa. When they have had their fill of snakes, they come to me demanding some "zebra cereal".

These two can keep themselves entertained for hours doing this, so please, don't tell them that Halloween is a loooong ways away or I will send one of Caleb's one-eyed witches to get you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! What a little artist in the making you have.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Great story, I have very smart great-grandsons. I love to watch them play. Thanks for sharing. Your blog means a lot to me, I get to keep up with what I am missing everyday.

Granma with out a papa.