December 12, 2011

My 1st (un)official photo shoot!

'Tis the season to be busy!

Life has been wonderful here at our little homestead.
We are not doing our "normal" Christmas things (advent wreath, a fun-family activity each night, baked goodies, etc.) because all of our stuff is in storage.

Not only is it in storage, it is buried at the very back at the bottom of our storage unit.

Doesn't matter here at the Golter house though because we have decided to just make this Christmas season together a little different.

We have a 2 foot tree instead of a 12. I let the boys decorate it however they wanted so they whipped out their markers and crayons and quickly made every kind of ornament you could think of.
We have scenes depicting snow forts with snowball fights occurring between snowmen.
We have Santa's elves.
We have Santa himself.
They were occupied for hours busily creating! It was great because the Broncos were playing and I was busy watching! (Just for the record I have been a huge Tebow fan since his college days!)
I don't think the boys even noticed that our tree was tiny.


We are focused on blessing others and thinking less of how to bless ourselves. (Our house is finally being built! What more could we ask for?)

In the spirit of giving, when my friend called me up and asked if I would come and do there family pictures I instantly said yes. Well, first she said she wanted to pay me, and after laughing for quite some time, I told her that I would love to take her pictures but that I wouldn't accept any money.

Taking these pictures was so much fun! And everyone listened to me like I was the boss or something!

"Ok, now I want you to stand over here and picture me in my underwear..."

I got great smiles every time!

I was able to practice some of the new techniques I am learning in my photography class and I learned a lot about trying to shoot pictures of other people that weren't just candids.

Not the least of which was that babies produce a lot of
fluids. I'm talking the spit up and pee variety along with the regular drool and poopy stuff. 

It was quite the crack up!
Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot: 











I can't wait until I can do some more!
(Also, I can't wait until I can save up some money for Photoshop! Then even more possibilities exist!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome pictures! I especially like the first one!

Don't forget...Photoshop is only $300 when you're a teacher. You just have to prove it and it's easy. Much better than the $1000 everyone else has to pay! Get it...you won't regret it and you'll wonder how you lived without it!