December 21, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Update #2



Please ignore the wrinkled, 83 year-old looking, hand. I have been trying to take a picture of the house from the same spot each time so that I will be able to easily compare the before and after shots but today the sun was not cooperating at all and I was in a hurry.


I always seem to be in a hurry these days!
But no longer! I am officially on vacation now!
Whoot! Whoot!

So anyway, back to the house.
This week was a busy one down at the property.
We had the floor joists all put in and next week comes the floor.

Our friend Bob came out and moved rock into the garage so now it is ready for concrete next week. He also back-filled dirt against our foundation which gives the place a sloped look now. While he was out there he also worked on the road and dug a huge hole for us to bury a tree into.


Here's a better view from the back of the house.


This week was slated for some plumbing work to be done also. Their stands the main sewer line (or poop pipe in layman's terms).


I love how things change each time we go out there! Mark and I walked around on top of some of the "floor" trying to picture how it will look. It seems small to me but that's ok. Maybe it will magically be bigger once the walls are in.

 Maybe my house payments will be magically smaller too once I get the first bill.

A coupon-clipping, Dave Ramsey-following, girl can only hope!

No comments: