December 14, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Update


I've decided, or I should say, Mark has decided that each Wednesday I will be posting updates of our house. I tend to be so sporadic with my postings that it's probably a good thing that Mark has become bossy about this, otherwise who knows when I would remember to post updated pictures of our building process!

Since last week when the construction started we have seen lots of stuff happen as well as the outside temperatures get really, really chilly.

Last week the footings and stem walls were put in and this week concrete was poured in between the stem walls. The walls are all covered in super thick tarps today so that the concrete can stay "warm" and finish curing. My understanding (and take that with a grain of salt!) is that the next step is to put down a sill plate (?) and then TGI's. Then once those are down, they will put the flooring over the top of.

I could be wrong! Either way, the house is going to sit a lot higher than I originally thought, which is cool. In fact, our builder thinks we might be able to see the creek from inside the house which I didn't think was possible unless the creek was running really high that day.



     Owen wanted to help me take the picture so he is inside the house showing you where the garage is going to be.


This is a lot of fun now that we have really started to build!

No comments: