February 25, 2012

Wednesday's update on Saturday...

I know, I know. 
I keep changing things but I promise I am done now.
At least for a little while.

This week:
1. I went to Portland for a technology conference and I got to go out to eat at some wonderful places (Sorry Davolt's! I didn't have car of my own so I couldn't swing by but I thought of you while I was strolling through the isles of IKEA) I ate at the Portland City Grill, Kell's, Bartini, and O'Henry's. Loved them all and I now have the love handles to prove it! 

2. Owen had his first pie social and he thought he was the bee's knees because we were finally going to something as a family to his school.

3. We had a great dinner with the family out at Mom and Dad's and I finally met their two neighbors that we had all referred to as The Clampetts(long story) but we had some interesting conversations about tye dye baby showers and black and white baby rooms. 

4. Book 4 is turning out to be just ok and I am able to do other things while reading it - Phew!

5. The house has been insulated and is now in the stages of being sheet rocked. Sweet. The siding is all done now also.


Mark is starting to work on the front porch.


I'm going to be able to have a huge Christmas tree!


Mark and I along with our friends went down to the property today and the sheet rockers were working. They were starting with the ceilings.

This is looking into the dining room:


Kitchen:


I'm a little out of order. Here's a picture of the truck delivering the sheet rock on Friday.


Mark is done with the back porch until the gas people come and inspect it (We have a line for a BBQ there). Then he will be able to lay down the last board. 


He also needs to finish trimming the front.


We have our first door in. It is nice to have that one since it helps block all the nasty wind we have been having lately.


With all the wind, we have also had some rain. Rain around our place means mud right now and Mark has been so good about going and sweeping on his days off.


I love the look of construction, don't you?
It's pretty cool to see things from the beginning. 


Everyone keeps telling us that things will slow down here pretty soon. I explain to them that's because Mark and I will soon be having to paint. Once the sheet rock is done, taped and textured, it's our turn! 

On another note, the other day when Mark was at D & B, he noticed a sign on the bulletin board advertising that they needed pasture for their horses. The sign stated that they would pay for fencing in return for their rent on the pasture. Mark and I talked it over and then he went ahead and called. He visited with a lady who has a lot of horses and needs more pasture for 3 of them. She was very excited about our place and was going to come down and see it this weekend. Mark mentioned that I would like to have horses and enjoyed riding and she loved the idea of the boys and I exercising her horses whenever we wanted to. 

To recap: We have someone interested in paying for the fencing around our pasture, put 3 horses on it, allow us to ride them whenever we want, and pay for the feed themselves along with any vet bills. 

We'll see what happens but I'm secretly really hoping it will work out!

1 comment:

Staci K. said...

The updates on the house are great! Thanks for taking the "time" to take and post. I know how time runs out.