February 3, 2012

Friday counts as Wednesday right?


After much persistent encouragement (nagging) from my husband, I have finally found time to blog about the house again. In my defense...well, I won't bore you with the details... but I have been a busy, little woman. 

I'm so glad it's Friday I could cry.

So, about the house. It's as awesome as ever! The roof is done being sheeted and the roofers start on Monday. We have finalized things with the plumber, the cabinet man, and the flooring man. (So many choices to make!) We meet with the electrician on Monday and they are starting to side the outside of the house next week as well. 


Mark can't stand to not be down there on his days off, so he has finally managed to worm his way into a project. 
He's beyond thrilled. 


Mark is going to be putting in our back deck. Now this is just our baby back deck and we have plans to make a much larger one (with a pergola and outdoor brick fireplace) but this one will do for now!





I took the first pictures on Wednesday and then Mark called me at work and told me I had to come to the property as soon as I could. 


They were putting in all the windows!
It made a huge difference. 
We went with tan frames versus white or black.


Our builder and his crew were glad to have a place out of the cold wind to enjoy their lunch!


The windows in our bedroom are airport glass in order to keep out even more sound so that Mark can sleep better when he is working graveyard. We also had some frosted glass for the bathroom which will be right over the bathtub.


Here is a photo of our awesome builder - Kevin.


He and his crew of workers are the best. Kevin is a true craftsman. He takes his time, doesn't cut corners, and builds with the owner in mind. He offers us great ideas and thinks of so many things that we would never in a million years think of. 


Since we have started, I have loved every single day of this whole process!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's looking awesome! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Staci K. said...

The house is looking great! Thanks for the post.