February 4, 2009

Caleb-isms



Caleb thinks he is the smartest thing to hit this planet. He has an answer and explanation for everything. For example:




Car exhaust: While driving the boys to daycare, Owen asked what was that smoke behind the car. I answer that it's exhaust and Caleb chimes in "and if you smell it you'll become exhausted!"


Creation: When he learned at Awana's that God spoke and there was light, Caleb told everyone that it was because God had swallowed a flashlight and when he opened his mouth, the light shone out.


Marriage: Our friends Tyler and Brandy are dating but Caleb is convinced that he is going to grow up and marry Brandy. The other night at dinner he told Brandy that she needed to marry him and not Tyler because (and he whispered this part in her ear while pointing at Tyler) "he's crazy!".


My favorite this week: Caleb was playing with some flower wand looking thing (no idea where it came from) and he would point it at me and say "you're a frog" and then he'd point it at Owen and say "you're a fly". Then they would laugh as I chased Owen around pretending to eat him. Caleb changed our creatures several times and then (between pants of breath) I said I was done. He pointed the wand at me again and said "You can't say any words!" I responded with "Your wand isn't strong enough for that one". He looked down at his wand and said "Hmm... batteries must not be included."


Gotta love him!
P.S. for picture below: The flowers had been out for a few days and then something caught my eye as I walked by. I asked Caleb to come over to the table and talk with me for a minute. When he came over, I asked him if he noticed anything that looked funny. He noticed a dead leaf on my plant (not in picture), he noticed the lint in front of the basket and he noticed that "mommy, you need to dust" Thanks. Anyway I asked him to look again at the flowers. He said "Oh, I saw that, but the gorilla has to stay there because he loves the smell. It smells like you, mommy".
Well, I guess the gorilla stays.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You've got a smart, sassy one on your hands! Too funny!

Nelson's Nest said...

Yeah, I LOVE YOUR blog. The Caleb-isms are too cool. Tony has been telling me that Caleb loves to draw. Kyndra is doing nothing but drawing these days as well. I am so excited to have another blog to read!!! Your family is adorable. Your post about Dianna's surprise was priceless.

Have a great weekend!.