February 1, 2009

I See Africa!

Dawn and I rounded up the children and headed over to the nature trails in Umatilla this weekend. They needed to get some energy out and we needed to get caught up on each other's week. Owen wouldn't leave my side at first because he was scared.
"What about the bears!?"

"I hear a yion (lion)!"

"I think a crocodile is going to eat me!"

Once we convinced him that he wasn't going to die from any wild animals he had a good time.



Caleb and Trent kept finding sticks which quickly turned into guns. We encountered a man out walking also and Caleb informed him that he was in charge of protecting the ladies. I hope that meant Dawn and I, but you never know.


Owen was the funniest. He kept saying "Look Mommy Look! This rock was dinasour poop (according to him). However, he got the most excited when we crossed over a bridge and saw the scene below. He shouted "Mommy, I see Africa!" I could kind of see it also so I praised him and told him what a smart boy he was. Then as we were driving into Pendleton, he shouted out that he could see Africa again. Hmmm...




Look! Boys using a map to figure out where they are!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun!! What a GREAT weekend adventure!

coffeelover said...

hi dear i like you blog... i will link you to my blog...