April 10, 2009

Born To Hunt

Mark and I went out to the new hunting lodge in Pilot Rock. There were amazing mounts of animals all over the place. . . and from all over the place. I didn't even make it out to the shop or the garage.





In the middle of my picture taking one of the owners of the lodge yelled at me. How rude - I know! She told me to get busy and help her cook her son's (my husband's) birthday lunch. The nerve of some people! After we all ate Mark's birthday lunch the men congragated outdoors for Caleb's first shooting lesson. Caleb is almost 5 now and Mark thinks it's time to start teaching him gun safety.



This is the same gun that Mark learned how to shoot on. This is even the same gun that Mark's Dad learned how to shoot on. Caleb was so excited and proud of the fact that he was old enough to be outside with the "men". (Poor Owen was broken-hearted inside the house with all the girls and his cousin Gabe. I had to distract him with some dinosaurs and candy.)





(Please ignore the beer box - it was a moving box, I swear.) Caleb is showing me that he hit the target and he kept saying "I really am an FBI agent!". Good grief!
More G-men doing the men thing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That's quite the bounty! Wes was rather impressed (read: jealous).

Congrats to your little FBI agent!

Nelson's Nest said...

Too cool, I can't believe that Marc and his dad learned to shoot with the same gun. I love the pictures of Caleb and Marc.