April 28, 2009

Fishing Derby


Hunting and fishing, fishing and hunting.

My boys are turning into their father.

And I am oh-so-very glad!

We took the boys to a fishing derby on Saturday at Morgan Lake outside of La Grande. Caleb was excited to try out his new fishing pole that Gramma and Poppa got him for his b-day and Owen, well ... Owen was just excited.

I brought my book expecting it to be like many other fishing trips - lots of slow time. Little did I know... Caleb caught his first fish within 5 minutes and they never really slowed down. I started out taking pictures but then the 5 of us (our friend Tredd came also) became so busy landing all the fish that I couldn't read or take pictures! Here is Caleb with fish #1.

Here is Caleb with fish #2.

And here is Caleb with fish #3. ( I didn't take any pictures of fishes 4-18)

Tredd was in charge of Owen and at first he thought that was an easy job - Ha! Owen quickly showed him our number 1 rule when it comes to him - NEVER LOOK AWAY!
(Tredd almost lost an eye when Owen swung the pole around to show him his latest fish).
Owen is the cutest fisherman. I think the fish took one look at him and wanted to be caught. (Owen also caught around 15 fish).


After a while I got cold and retreated to the truck where I had left the food and my book. (I have finally checked out my next stack - the 2nd book from the top is Brideshead Revisited.) All in all, it was a great day had by all! (Well, maybe not the fish!)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Your boys are adorable!! I can't believe how big they are. It was fun to see your comment! I miss you. We are still having fun at McNary but I do miss our times together.
LOVE that you found me. :)
Sue

Jeff said...

Wow 18 fish!! I think I might give fishing a try if I could catch 18 fish in one day!!! Caleb and Owen are so cute!!