April 22, 2009

Busy Boys!

Caleb is so into his new toys that for the first time in his life, he did not come into my room and wake me up at the break of dawn. Instead, upon waking up, he ran around the house yelling at the top of his lungs "KABOOM! PEWW! PEWW! YOU GOT HIM! MOVE TO A NEW LOCATION! PEWW! PEWW!
Sleeping in is over-rated right? Right!? Someday. (sigh)


I decided to plant some flowers and Caleb happened to get some for his birthday. Caleb actually received 2 planters but he opted to share one with Owen (what a good brother) so we got busy. First the dirt.

Then we mixed the dirt around for a little bit until it was just right.


Then we planted. (no pictures of that as I had to supervise (help) with this part.) Next came the watering.

And now comes the waiting. Owen is still outside watching and waiting for his flowers to grow. He has requested his meals be delivered to him.

Last week we registered Caleb for kindergarten. He made a calendar there that will help him count down the days until school starts, as well as keep him (and me) busy. Each day has a little activity for Caleb to do.

The other day Caleb made a spring collage.

Don't squint - it's my bad picture taking skills! Today Caleb got to be a scientist.

He dumped in the baking soda ...

and then he added the vinegar. Whoosh!

He played with that stuff for at least 15 minutes and then it started to spill onto the floor and mom-the-meanie called a halt to the fun and games. He then told me he likes making "potions" and that he wants to be a scientist when he grows up.
Should the FBI be worried?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

He can be a crime lab scientist for the FBI!

I love the calendar of ideas for kindergarten. What a sneaky way to get parents to help get their kids ready!

Lindsay said...

I'm a huge fan of that calendar too ... maybe I'll make one for this summer :)

Hope you're having a GREAT week!

Blessings~

Stacy B said...

I need to get that calendar out! Too much stuff in this house :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Hoe sweet for Caleb to share. hard to believe Caleb is old enough to go to school.