July 30, 2009

Bad Girl! Bad!

I did a very bad thing today.


I even talked Mark into doing it with me. (I feel you Eve, I do).


It started with a phone call from my best friend who I call my sister who is actually Mark's cousin, Dawn. She calls me sounding ecstatic and practically screams into the phone "I've done it! I've made Harley (her husband) see the light and we are here and I'm calling to see if you want anything!" Her destination you ask? What marvelous place could she possibly be at? Only one of my most favorite places - Costco.


I don't know why I love that store but I do. I walk in and flash my card showing that I belong (of course!) and as I stroll up and down the aisles collecting my free samples, I am always happy. Costco is a happy place for me. Sometimes too happy of a place. It has all kinds of stuff I didn't know I couldn't live without until I see it in Costco. I don't even know where I'll put all the food when I get home but by George I am saving tons of money by buying in bulk so I had better get it. This kind of reasoning is why I have not been in Costco for well over a year. Until today.



Please don't ask me to show you all the food stuffed into the cooler (that we bought at Costco). In my defense Mark wanted the cooler - not me. And I didn't pick out the potato chips or otter pops either - the boys did. Hey! Don't judge me! I was perfectly, wonderfully happy inside the store and I am still floating on a Costco high. And don't ask me how much we spent either. I'm only going to say this. Costco was very happy to see me walk back through the door.

1 comment:

Dave Brooten said...

I only let my self go once a year mostly becuase I do half of my cloths shopping there (nothing like buying clothing items thrown on a pallet). also I have never been there with out spending at least 100 bucks. I realized I had a problem 6 years ago when I came home with a 2 man inflateible raft. (aparently I thought I was getting ready for noah's second fload.)