January 8, 2012

Owen(ator) in 2012


Owen, Owen Owen. 

Where do I even begin with this little boy?
He is sweetness personified. 
Since he could first walk, Owen has always been the one who would go play and then come running back to me for a "fill-up" on love. He had to have a hug, snuggle, or kiss all the time. 


As he got older, those fill-ups were less frequent but still a much needed part of Owen's day. He still blows kisses to me every morning when he goes to school, tells me he loves me more than I love him, and gives me kisses when I am least expecting them.

He is sweet. 
He is funny.
He is kind hearted to a fault always wanting to pray for people in his class at school.
He loves the Lord.
He also love pickles. A lot.

He's a pesky little brother whose favorite color is camouflage (just like Caleb).
His favorite toy is his new backhoe (which isn't working Grandma!) and his monster truck.


Owen loves to eat pears and could watch the movie(s) Narnia all day, week, year long if I would let him. 
His favorite food is macaroni and cheese
and he wants to wear his sweatshirt that he bought in Disneyland every single day. It makes him happy.


Owen would prefer to eat birthday cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he sincerely believes it's a food group - the best one!
His favorite animal is a jaguar and he thinks he is part one because he is "nocturnal" and has great eyesight. I'm not too sure about either of those but I'm not going to be the one to burst his bubble.
He loves to sing his own made up songs (often at a very loud volume!) and he also wants to learn how to play the drums. 
I foresee a lot of sports in his future.


Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving because "you get to get with your famiwee."

He also has a few speech issues...l's, r's, th's.
I love all of them... I mean wuv all of them.

He still sleeps with his baby blanket but he's "not a baby Caleb! I just doesn't want to hurt "foofy's feewings!" 

He is fierce when defending things he loves.
He loves his big brother. To the moon and back.

When he grows up he wants to be...
an army man with Caleb so he can 
"fight for our nation."
His words, not mine.

Then he told me if he lives through the war he wants to be a policeman like Daddy.

When I asked him why he doesn't want to be a teacher like Mommy, he told me that it's because "teachers don't do anything hard."


I have failed teachers everywhere. Apparently I make it look so easy, Owen just doesn't get it...
I wish! It's time to educate that little man of mine and show him just how hard teaching can be!

3 comments:

Molly said...

You are a Great teacher! I have even completed my home work of getting caught up on my blog reading. Loves, ~Molly

Jeff said...

Teachers don't don anything hard!!!! I will have to have a talk with that boy next time I see him. Sheesh! If only he came to my crazy classroom. (first of all if I were you I wouldn't let him as my students. .. not exactly good role models for young men)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am home and catching up reading, I agree with every thing you wrote about Owen. Great to see the house is looking good. Love you grandma