January 31, 2012

January Photo Challenge!

January Photo Challenge 

In the interest of trying to take more interesting photos, I asked my good friend Sarah is she would like to do a photo challenge with me. I told her we could take turns coming up with 5 different things to photograph and then we would have to blog about them at the end of each month. She loved the idea and quickly came up with 5 categories for us to shoot in! Please check out her photos as well here!

The Categories are...

Someone you work with:


This is a photo of an assistant at our school. Her name is Leigh and when Caleb was in kindergarten he tormented her repeatedly. She is so sweet and doesn't hold it against me at all! I love her sense of humor and her kindness most of all! 

Shoes:


This is where Owen's boots love to be the most. In fact, the dirtier the place, the better. He even used his own money to buy some "spurs" for them at the dollar store. He thinks they help him run faster. I told him they're a must for all boys who are part cheetah like he is.

Something Blue:


 I was at the cemetery taking pictures for my photography class assignment when I noticed this bright blue bear standing out among the gravestones. It made me sad to think of someone losing a child and I started thinking that I would like it to be my picture of something blue. It fits the category perfectly.

Something Historical:


This is the original Pilot Rock School House. It is now out of town a couple of miles and located in a field. I love looking at it each time we drive past it (usually only when we are out looking for animals to hunt). I have been looking for more information about it but I haven't had much luck yet (or I haven't been looking hard enough!).

Mustaches:



I have spent I won't tell you how much time on pinterest and I finally found something that I wanted (and could actually do!) on there. I saw a picture of a little boy with a mustache for his Valentine's Day cards and I wanted to copy that idea. So the boys and I headed out for quick shots in the backyard and we will be using them in our Valentine's. 

This was so much fun! Now it's my turn to pick the categories!
Are you ready Sarah?!

Here they are:

1. Something ending in -ing
2. A road sign 
3. Numbers
4. Something dangerous
5. Something striped

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Oh, I really like the one of the school house.