January 4, 2012

Weekly (or bi-monthly since I often forget what day of the week it is) Wednesday Update #3

 Guess what?

We have walls!

Or I should say, We have 1 large wall and 2 baby walls!









Caleb and I arrived shortly after school was out and Caleb had to go explore his "room" right away. He has decided that he wants to go with an all camouflage room with tanks on one side and army men on the other. Hmm... I think I would have preferred Star Wars but we'll see what I can come up with.

Mark and I walked all around the house today talking about landscaping ideas, the back deck, the garden, the orchard, and then more landscaping ideas and we threw in some fire pit ideas just for kicks. It's always fun to dream (since they're free and all).


Our concrete was also poured in the garage today and when we were visiting with our builder, Kevin, he said that I should come by tomorrow for some more pictures because ALL the walls would be up by then.

I think I might just have to make the trip down there.

While Mark and I were out there dreaming, our Realtors, Gary and Patty (who helped us buy the property and sell our old house) stopped by to check out the progress of things. Throughout the time of working with them, we have become good friends and I can't help but feel we were led by God to work with them. We met them through yard saleing (of course!) on the same day that we finally decided to look into this property some more. As we were at their yard sale, Mark noticed that they had a spotting scope for sale and he hemmed and hawed over it for a long time. I tried to tell him that with yard sales there is no mercy for those that procrastinate but he decided to not buy it. An hour or so later he changed his mind and we went back to their house only to discover that the spotting scope had been sold (for the record - I did not say "I told you so" until much later in time, like the next day). Anyway, as we got to visiting with these people, we discovered that they owned their own reality business and had built their own home. We talked for quite a while and when we left, Mark and I couldn't help but comment to each other on how nice they were. Later that week Mark asked me what I thought of the idea of him asking Gary and Patty to come down and do a walk through of our house. He wanted to hear their opinion of what would need to be done to our house in order to sell it and also how much they thought we could list it for. To make a long story short, they came down and our relationship has only grown from there. They have been a invaluable help to us through every step of the way and they are still continuing to help us with building ideas.
They are truly great people!

2 comments:

Staci Kunz said...

Mrs. Golter: Trevor and I are excited for you with the new house. We love to read the progress on your blog. But we have one question - where is your new house? Best of luck to you and your family. The Kunz family.

Mrs. G said...

Hey Stacy and Trevor! Our new home is located on 37th street. Go north past Willowbrook retirement home our home is the last one of the left. You have to turn down the gravel driveway to go back towards our property. Go down and have a look!