July 7, 2012

Puppy Pals


Meet Mercy (who I think we should have named Trouble). She is mischievous, always hungry, a pest, and a chewer of all things that are stationary. She is also very sweet, which is lucky for her or she would be dead by now since she peed on my brand new carpet! Mark caught her in the act and all I could hear was her yipping for several minutes afterwards. Trust me, you do not want Mark catching you peeing on the carpet.

I don't think we will have that little problem again.



Here is our Kye dog. The best and smartest dog ever. She is so well behaved and such a people pleaser that you just have to point and she will leave a room. She loves walks, playing fetch and listening to me call her "my best and most favoritest dog in the whole wide world" in my special voice that I only use with babies and her. 

That is until we got another puppy. 

She caught me in the act of telling Mercy how much I loved her too. 
I felt guilty and had to shower Kye with several dog treats to assuage my guilt. 

Poor Kye. Mercy loves her to the moon and back and was fascinated with her from the beginning.

 Kye tried to be aloof and "above" the whole puppy thing.

She would ignore Mercy no matter what Mercy did.

If Kye went to get a drink of water, so would Mercy.


If Kye laid in the grass, Mercy would lay down right in front of her. 
"See me! See me!"


Mercy would try her cutest puppy impersonations hoping that Kye would relent and be her friend. 


And eventually Kye did give in. I mean, who can resist cute puppy impersonations anyway?


The two of them now wrestle, chase each other around and sleep curled up next to one another as well. 
They even hug while they are wrestling so that no one's feeling get hurt. (That's what I told the boys anyway).


Mercy is the prankster and often sneaks up on Kye... she will lift her butt in the air, get as close as she can and then bark, bark, bark. 


If that doesn't work to get her attention, Mercy will belly crawl until she is closer and closer until Kye just has to see her. 


I think they are going to be BFF's now and plot canine conspiracies together. They will go chase skunks, dig up gophers and play in the creek as pals. 


Everybody needs a friend, a boon companion, and a playmate. 


I think Kye has just found hers.


No comments: