January 16, 2013

Book Club

This year I gave up Bunco.

I gave up Tuesday Taco Nights with some of my friends. 

I gave up couponing (for a while anyway).

I gave up watching any TV that isn't DVR'd.

But I refused to give up my Book Club!


Once a month, the group of us 8 girls get together at Great Pacific (a restaurant here in town) and eat, drink and be merry. 
We also usually discuss books. 
Usually.

We have a pre-determined book each month that we all have to read at least 100 pages of. Even if we hate the book - 100 pages minimum. 
Then we come together and talk about what we liked, what we didn't like, share favorite passages and compare it to other books we have read. 

It is way too much fun!
(says the book nerd)

Tuesday night, I hosted book club at my house. We usually get together at Christmas time but it didn't work out this year until now so we did our annual book exchange and fun here. It was perfect. 

We sat around for 3 hours, eating of course and talking about books. 
And babies, school, Christmas, adoption, vacations, and a few other things as well.

Two of our members were ill, but otherwise here's a picture that Mark snapped of the six that partied it up last night:


Book Clubs Rock!

(I'm just saying...)




No comments: