January 6, 2013

Family Dinners

 
 
 
 
When Mark and I lived at our old house, we had started to do "family dinner nights" with his parents, his grandparents and his brother Bill's family. Once we sold our house and were roving around until our house was built, family dinners were put on the back burner.
 
Finally, we are getting back to them again and I am so glad.
 
We all went to church this morning and then headed over to Hermiston to Bill and Molly's house. We even forgoed watching the Seattle football game so that we could go hang out. (We did DVR it though so we could watch as soon as we got home! Go Seahawks!)
 
While we were there I got to visit with my niece Ailsa for a while. She is totally into sewing now and has created quite a few projects. She showed me each and every one of her sewing accessories as well as her new fabric for future projects. Then she let me take a picture of her.
 
 

 
I couldn't decide between light or dark version so I put them both on here.
We got to visit around the table and I snapped a picture of Mark with his grandma.
 
 


Molly and I ended up outside watching the boys pretend to kill each other in a thousand and three different ways. Sheesh. At first we were embarrassed that our own children were so bloodthirsty but then we looked at each other and shrugged. Oh well. Kill each other as peacefully as you can was what we told them.
 
 
After much bribing (and threatening!) we got all five of them up to the top of Gabriel's new tree house for a quick picture. 


 
I tried to get a picture of Gabriel but as soon as I pointed the camera in his direction he got all shy on me.
 
 
Brody posed as soon as I asked him (sweet boy!) and it is official - he is taller than me. Much taller than me. He is going to go to Israel with Mark's parents next month and he is so excited. I can't wait until they get back so I can hear his stories of his adventure there.
 
 
In the spirit of using my camera more, I asked Molly and Ailsa to pose for me some more and they so sweetly obliged me.
 
 
 
I got the whole tour of Aunt McMolly's farm. I saw the chickens, ducks, geese, sheep, goats, bunnies, and horses. And a few dogs and a cat too!
This pretty horse is named Sunshine and Ailsa is a big fan!
 
 

 
 I am so excited that we are doing family dinners again and I look forward to many more photo shoots of these awesome children too!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'v been on pins and needles over here, waiting for this new blog post. Excellent photography! I love that you have made us all look soooo sweet.

Mrs. G said...

Molly - you guys always look sweet, trust me!