January 2, 2013

The gift of glasses!


Today Owen and I spent the afternoon together running errands and practicing lighting with my camera. 

We started by going downtown to the eye doctor. They had called me earlier and informed me that Owen's glasses were in. 

A couple weeks ago we took him in to have his eyes checked after the school had suggested we do so and sure enough, my baby needed glasses. Owen picked out his own pair (camouflage) and they ordered them. He has been asking about them since that day and once I told him that today was the day we could get them, he was over the moon. 

From the second he put them on, he has been convinced that he looks taller, smarter, older and even more handsome than normal (this is everything he told the lady who helped us). 

I have to admit I agree!

I felt a little bad for him because I personally have always hated to wear glasses and thought contacts were much easier. Then my lasic surgery took those away also and my vision has been the best ever without any hassle of glasses or contacts. But the journey is just beginning for Owen. 

When we got home again, I asked Owen if I could take some pictures of him to practice shooting indoors with my camera again. 
Some are darker than others as I played around but I think you'll get a good look at how much bigger, taller, smarter, and better looking Owen is now that he has glasses. ;)













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

honey its mom, grandma and zachary. please tell Owen he looks soooooo cute with his new glasses!!! He DOES look taller. smarter and even more handsomer!!!!(if that was even possible) WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALL