January 5, 2013

Mad Libs with Caleb...Hilarious!

A quick disclaimer before you read this:

1. Yes, Caleb is getting braces.
2. No, he does not have armpit hair. 



Just don't let on that you know!

Phew, now that that's out of the way, we can move on. 
Caleb as a 3rd grader has been so interesting to observe.

He is lanky all of sudden. Seriously. All legs and skinny limbs and big feet too! He is starting to develop a personality that includes a sense of humor and is actually really witty at times. Shocker!
He makes Mark and I crack up all the time. 

For Christmas, I thought it was time to give him some things that might tickle his funny bone so I put some Mad-Libs in his stocking (Star Wars ones of course!). He was puzzled at first but then the other night he started looking through them and quickly saw the potential. He sought me out in the library and started firing orders my way. 



Mom! Give me a Verb!

Now I need 2 nouns!

Another Verb!

Now an adjective!


In the middle of asking he would sometimes start to snort with laughter. 








Then he'd shake his head, wipe a tear or two from his eyes and say 
"Just wait Mom, just wait. This is going to be epic."


When he was finished filling in all the blanks he would clear his voice and then start to read what we had created together. He had to often start over because he was laughing so hard. I was laughing at how he was laughing and Owen came in to find out what all the laughing was about. Then Caleb would read our story all over again and laugh just as hard with Owen and I chorusing in. 


Epic Indeed.

We did a few stories and then Caleb had to take a break because his stomach hurt (from all the laughing no doubt). 



Here's one of our creations (in 2 parts because I had a certain lens on and I couldn't switch it out because Mark was sleeping in our bedroom and now that he is graveyard we try to let him sleep as much as we can or he gets to be the "graveyard grouch".)





If you are looking for an evening of cheap entertainment just pick up this book! It was worth it's weight in gold.

Just ask my lanky, funny 3rd grade boy.



2 comments:

Jeff said...

Graveyard Grouch! I sense a future blog about this rarely seen and certainly unappreciated creature.

Anonymous said...

Tell your graveyard grouch I know his pain.
Dave