January 20, 2013

Hockey - Go Americans!

On Friday night the boys and I zipped out of school as soon as the bell rang and we headed up to Tri-Cities to meet Mom and Zach for dinner and a hockey game. (Mark was working...)

The boys had been looking forward to this and were really excited to go since they had never even seen a hockey game on TV. 

First we went to dinner at Red Robin's. Very good but very busy. 
(I had Denny's flashbacks from college!)

Trying to get a cute picture of the boys was not so easy. 
This is picture number 13. 
And this is the best one believe it or not. 


After dinner we headed over to the hockey game. 

We had seats behind the goal side which was nice. 


I didn't take my camera but instead had pilfered Mark's little digital one that fits easily into my purse. Since I did that, I can blame all blurriness on his camera, not on my photography talents of course. 

The boys were pretty excited as we walked around and took in all the sights and sounds. 


This is the American's mascot and I was a little concerned because I thought the announcer kept telling us his name was "Weiner" but it turns out that it was actually "Winger". Phew!


I had hoped to take a cute picture of the 3 boys at the hockey game but alas, that was not to happen. 


I did get one of my mom and Owen.
"Hi Mom!"


The game started not too long after that so I put away the camera and we just sat back and enjoyed the game. Caleb and Zachary had the best time and even took off their shirts to swing them over their heads for the song "Cotton-Eyed Joe". I wish I had got a picture of that. 

Owen was a wee bit tired and mainly wanted to sit on my lap or my mom's lap. We headed home close to 10 and both he and Caleb were snoring within 10 minutes of us being in the car. 

The Americans lost but it was still a good game. The boys were a little concerned when the players fought but I explained that in hockey, it is part of the game (and secretly a part I enjoy!).

Hopefully Mark can join us next time!

Do you want to know my favorite part of the whole night?
Hands down it was the bucket of mini-doughnuts that my mom bought. 
I am still dreaming about them. 

At the first intermission, she came back to our seats with a bucket of mini-deliciousness that came in 3 flavors. 
The doughnuts were warm and soft and gooey with their toppings. 
The first dozen were covered in chocolate with sprinkles. 
The second dozen were covered with maple frosting. 
The third dozen were simple cinnamon and sugar. 

I don't even have the adjectives to describe how good they were but just picture yourself closing your eyes and a little bit of heaven settling down onto your tongue.

That good.

Seriously.

I foresee another hockey game in my near future.






2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm dreaming of doughnuts now :) Sounds like a wonderful time!

Mrs. Kunz said...

Great fun! I have been thinking about a hockey game for the family! I would want to visit the doughnut stand - yum!